Rami Watid is more Jewlicious than you

Rami Watid is JewliciousHe’s 12 years old, he lives in Israel, and he, along with his team mate Gai Gutherz, has just won an Israeli contest on general Zionist knowledge. Oh, one other thing. Little Rami Watid, who lives in Jaffa, is an Arab. Thus much like Catholic Madonna, who regularly attends synagogue services and travels to Israel, or the Korean-American woman who has a thing for dating Jewish men, Rami is demonstrating the emergence of a disturbing trend.

The Jews are supposed to be “a light unto the nations” and yet it seems like the nations are being a light unto the Jews. Madonna goes to shul more often than you do, Britney Spears has a greater reverence for Judaism than you do, many non-Jews are more turned on by Jews than you are, and a 12 year old Arab kid is more of a Zionist than you are. Man, you totally suck.

Can someone get me Rami Watid‘s address in Jaffa? All he got for winning was a crappy plaque and I think we ought to send him like an XBox or an iPod. Or at least a Jewlicious t-shirt.

Hat Tip Dept.: Moby got this story before I did. Bastid.

1. […] 217;t be all that noteworthy but for our last report on a contest where a 12 year old arab Rami Watid annihilated the competition in a quiz contest about Israel. Well, watch out Rami because we& […]

2. shtreimel

4/7/2005 at 1:29 pm

I highly doubt that Madonna goes to shul more than I do.

4/7/2005 at 1:33 pm

By “you” I meant the collective you. Madonna definitely goes to shul more often than the average Jew. It’s not all about you strudel, stop being so literal!

4. Grandmuffti

4/7/2005 at 1:48 pm

Why does having more general knowledge about zionism make you a better zionist? Muffti knows more about nazism and its history than most neo-nazis (judging by the quality of the Nazis we came across online!) but he’s pretty sure it doesn’t make him a better (neo) Nazi…

5. shtreimel

4/7/2005 at 2:00 pm

Yeah yeah ck I get it. I forgot to add in the required sarcasm to make my post more, uh, Jewlicious.

4/7/2005 at 2:00 pm

Happy Birthday Literal Boy.

7. josh

4/7/2005 at 2:00 pm

I agree with mufti, where’s the rationale?

Some of the real Nazis could hold their own in a gmara discussion from researching the Jews.

8. Grandmuffti

4/7/2005 at 2:10 pm

Oy, now Muffti is agreeing with Josh.

What a week! Muffti must be getting old. Thanks for the birthday wishes ck.

9. T_M

4/7/2005 at 2:26 pm

Why are we focusing on the negative? The Israeli system shows its fairness and the ability of an Arab student to succeed no less than a Jewish student. Kudos to Rami and to the Israeli educational system, which seems to suck in general these days, but at least is sucking equally regardless of the student’s background.

10. shtreimel

4/7/2005 at 2:27 pm

“Some of the real Nazis could hold their own in a gmara discussion from researching the Jews”

Ha, I noticed that as well. And dare I say…some of those sites (and quotes) sparked some interesting dialogue with a local rabbi. Thanks Stormfront ;)

11. Yisrael

4/7/2005 at 2:38 pm

Ok, this kid is impressive. We should give him that and encourage him. Are we really going to get him something? Do we have an address, or can we arrange to have something sent to him? By the way, his Jewish partner shouldn’t be left out if we do something nice.

12. patty-cake

4/7/2005 at 3:34 pm

Oh no! It seems I am part of this emerging trend! Well this shiksa is liking the jewish boys, and ck, you’re next, baby!

13. tiff

4/7/2005 at 3:37 pm

Well, Patty if that dosen’t work out, I’ll move in to Jon’s tent! That way we can still be sisters!

14. patty-cake

4/7/2005 at 3:43 pm

Well, Tiffy, you know it does get pretty cold in Oslo so he might be grateful for someone to heat things up a little ;)

15. tiff

4/7/2005 at 3:47 pm

I’d be very into that. That whole Kent thing was just something to take my mind off your unobtainable and hot bro.

16. patty-cake

4/7/2005 at 3:56 pm

well, you know me Tiffy, I don’t mind corrupting those nice jewish boys

17. ariela

4/8/2005 at 7:56 am

A little late, but good comment by the muff (takes on a whole new meaning when i put it that way).

But it is kind of guilt-inducing to think that Madonna and Brit-Brit are more observant than me. :P

18. Aish Freak

4/8/2005 at 2:32 pm

Madonna at this point is not a model to hold up. First of all, she should not be going to Shule at all. If she were to convert to Orthodoxy, that would be a different story. What she is going is out of boredom, causing a stir for herself. She is a celebrity who wants to continue to be talked about.

That said, it is nice that she is on out side of the fence.

19. joey h

4/9/2005 at 7:04 am

I think it is more like – “Jewish men have a thing for korean-American women.”

Iggy lives and breathes in the hearts of all men.

20. Pingback: Jewlicious » Rami Watid Gets What’s Coming to Him