What do a rapper, a dancer, a comedian and a handful of Sefardic, Ashkenazi and Hasidic performers have in common? They’re all sharing the stage this Sunday in a show that celebrates Jewish diversity.
After an amazing year of events across North America, we’re celebrating the first anniversary of the publication of my book with a blow-out concert in New York City this Sunday. The Cool Jews Every Member of the Tribe Artist Showcase features an amazing cast of multicultural Jews. And it’s free!
And, in an online giveaway we’re running in conjunction with this event, one lucky winner will receive a prize package valued at almost $300 packed with their innovative creations. It’s free, too!
The Cool Jews Every Member of the Tribe Artists Showcase is slated for 5 pm, Sept. 13th at the JCC of Manhattan. Our diverse group of multicultural Jewish artists will hit you with their greatest hits. Performers include:
*Sarah Aroeste, Ladino chanteuse
*Yisrael Campbell, comedian/Jew by choice
*Eprhyme, Ashkenazi rapper Eden Pearlstein (on the Shemspeed label)
Elie Massias, Gibraltar-born Sephardic guitarist/solo artist
*Adam McKinney, classically trained African-American Jewish dancer who has performed with Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and other acclaimed companies, filmmaker and arts educator
*Rachel Ravitz & Matti Brown, married singer/songwriter folk duo; Rachel is a storyteller in the tradition of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach and Matti is a cantor and Jew by choice, AND of course, *Rav Shmuel, the hasidic rabbi who rocks Jewlicious Festivals!
In conjunction with the Cool Jews Every Member of the Tribe Artists Showcase, we’ve created the Cool Jew New You Giveaway in partnership with http://ModernTribe.com. Together, we have invited the Showcase Artists and several other Jewish mensches — friends and colleagues, artists, writers, performers and entrepreneurs — to donate prizes to the Cool Jew New You Giveaway in honor of the Jewish New Year, Rosh HaShanah, which falls on September 18th.
The Cool Jew New You Giveaway contains prizes valued at approximately $300. One lucky mensch will receive:
* Ladino chanteuse Sarah Aroeste’s Puertas CD ($15)
* Stand-up comedian Yisrael Campbell’s Circumcise Me DVD ($20)
* Eprhymeâ€™s debut CD WAYWORDWONDERWILL ($15) and 7-inch vinyl single, Punklezmerap, on K Records as part of its International Pop Underground Series ($5)
* Jewcy.comâ€™s â€œTable Topics: Spirit Boxâ€ discussion cards ($25)
* Author Lisa Alcalay Klug’s book Cool Jew: The Ultimate Guide for Every Member of the Tribe ($13)
* Living Tree Community Foodsâ€™ organic Snugglespoon honey, raw almond butter and raw tahini ($47 total)
* Rachel and Mattiâ€™s CD sampler Your Kindness ($5)
* Jennie Rivlin Roberts’ “No Limit Texas Dreidel” game from ModernTribe.com ($20)
* Jean Rothâ€™s Rotem Gear What Would Maimonides Do? t-shirt ($24)
* Author Matthue Rothâ€™s books, Never Mind the Goldbergs ($8) and Yom Kippur A Go-Go ($15)
* Musician/composer Elie Massiasâ€™ Brooklyn Days CD ($10)
* Singer/Songwriter Rav Shmuel’s “Protocols” and “B’yameinu” music CDs ($18 each) and two t-shirts ($15 each)
To enter to win the Cool Jew New You Giveaway, visit http://tinyurl.com/coolyou and submit your answer to this question: “In what ways are you “casting off” and starting new this year?’” You can also click through to purchase elements of the Giveaway. (No purchase is required to win. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.)
The Cool Jew New You Giveaway winner will be chosen from all submissions and announced on Sept. 17th at the ModernTribe.com blog.
Enter to win here!
Nice Jewish Guy Looking for Ginger Chick
Looks like he found his perfect match: Baruch Herzfeld is MY Jewish Community Hero! And since I want you to vote for him deliberately and not trick you into voting, this link gets you to his profile on the Jewish ...