Hamas Cartoons…by Jon Stewart

Political Humor Health Care Crisis

1. J.Miller

2/6/2010 at 10:32 pm

What the F**K

2. Jonathan

2/7/2010 at 12:38 am

Looks familiar. Where have I seen this video posted before? Someone’s blog, perhaps?

2/7/2010 at 1:51 am

Jonathan, thanks for letting me see your blog for the first time ever, but I can’t thank you for a hat tip where there wasn’t one. You’ve got a nice blog there, though.

2/7/2010 at 5:04 am

“[B]efore” as in “on the same day”? Or on TV?

I’m quite certain The Always-Link-to-the-Image-Source Middle has got nothing better to do than to browse blogs and rip off their content.
    And I’m certain he doesn’t watch Jon Stewart either.

O tempora, o mores…

5. David

2/7/2010 at 3:50 pm

It’s hard to document, but the cartoons portrayal of extreme anti-palestinian indoctrination isn’t much of an overblown caricature. Look at what they children in the settlements are taught and I’m sure you will find dialogues close to what is in the cartoon.

• ck

2/7/2010 at 6:07 pm

Difficult to document indeed. Because stuff this crude is hard to find on our side of the border. There was a bit of controversy over some juvenile but nonetheless offensive anti-Arab t-shirts made by soldiers and that was nipped right in the bud. There was an attendant scandal and that was that. I guess the point is that there is no societal introspection or offense on the Palestinian side when cartoons aimed at kids suggest that Jews lust for the blood of Palestinian children. That’s kind of what’s disturbing. I’m not suggesting that there aren’t Israelis that hold offensive views, but those Israelis sure don’t create kids programing!

Oh and David? Great pics!

6. David

2/7/2010 at 9:02 pm

Yeah, your right, showing that conflict unfiltered to children is still disturbing.

2/8/2010 at 1:03 am

“Look at what they children in the settlements are taught and I’m sure you will find dialogues close to what is in the cartoon.”

Really?

Educate me.

2/8/2010 at 1:41 am

Just to adjust your thinking, David, here is a classic Israeli tv program for children. It’s called “Nice Butterfly.” You won’t see a drop of blood.

You can look at all of them that are on Youtube right now.

The Hamas cartoons are what the government of Gaza provides to their children as government programming. Similar crap was broadcast when Fatah was in power, and in some ways even worse stuff glorifying “martyrs.” There is no equivalent in Israel or in Israeli broadcasting.

There is also no equivalent in Israel of a significant political group sending people out to kill themselves while targeting and blowing up innocent women and children in restaurants or buses. There have been a couple of small groups and a number of individuals who have engaged in such behavior or mostly attempted behavior, but is not organized, systematic or glorified.

That’s not to say there aren’t extremist settlers, there are. However, their kids are growing up watching “Nice Butterfly,” not some Disney knockoff encouraging mass murder.

2/8/2010 at 3:43 am

David wrote: “Thanks, I’ll be heading over to the Israel area in a few months, if you need anything covered let me know.”

I live in Israel. So if YOU need anything let ME know!