A Christmas Miracle for the Jews? Scarlett Johansson to Divorce Ryan Reynolds

scarlett

People Magazine just reported that Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds officially filed for divorce Thursday at a Los Angeles court. That’s kind of miraculous no? I mean seriously. Who in their right mind would divorce Scarlett Johansson? It’s got to be some kind of miracle! And what about the timing? The day before Christmas eve? Might this have been occasioned by Johansson’s reluctance to participate in yet another Christmas celebration? One can always hope that Johansson is getting back to her Jewish roots I suppose – but I take no pleasure in her personal difficulties, although all indications are that it was an amicable split, probably occasioned by professional pressures rather than a sudden religious/cultural epiphany. Johansson, whose mother is Jewish, is now the world’s most eligible Jewish single. That’s what matters!

1. EstherK

12/25/2010 at 6:45 pm

…Because the only thing standing between most single Jewish guys and Scarlett Johansson was Ryan Reynolds.

• margot

12/26/2010 at 3:11 am

yes, estherk. as we all know, ck is known to point out the obvious…

2. Ben

12/26/2010 at 3:21 am

I’m fairly certain that ck was being sarcastic. Although I do expect a comment any minute now from interfaithfamily.com mourning the end of this relationship and blaming its demise on intolerant Jews slavishly hanging on to an outmoded concept of Jewish identity that in all likelihood wasn’t welcoming Ryan Reynolds enough.

3. Polo the Clown

12/26/2010 at 10:39 pm

Give me a break. Are we celebrating divorce now? Is that what the blogosphere has to offer for literary content?

12/27/2010 at 8:30 am

What part of “I take no pleasure in her personal difficulties” did you miss exactly Polo? No one here is celebrating divorce – only that an extremely eligible Jewish woman is now available. They were married what? 2 years? Obviously it didn’t work out for a reason, no children were involved and the split was amicable. I am pretty sure they made the right decision and good for them. It’s their business and I wish them both well. If it’s literary content you are looking for then you’re in the wrong place. You might want to read a book instead. Might I suggest Narcisus and Goldmund by Hesse?

5. Jacob

12/29/2010 at 7:04 am

Hey Esther, of course you’re right. But now when I fantasize about Johansson, I won’t be contemplating adultery – once the papers are signed that is. It’s all in good fun and it sure doesn’t prevent me from dating appropriate and lovely Jewish single gals.

6. Tirsa

12/30/2010 at 7:36 pm

lol
    I thought that the Nazis was seeking “perfection ethnic” but I see that the Jews follow the same.

7. jimmy legaro

5/4/2011 at 10:51 am

Hey, as a nice Goy Boy if I convert to Judasim can I get Scarlett Johansson? It would be worth it!!

8. Davi

4/19/2014 at 9:13 am

I wanna convert to judaism too so i can taste a sweet jew poontang howzat..jewboy..